Wednesday, July 22, 2009

All about us!




We are a family of 5! My hubby, Jon-David & I had no idea what we were getting ourselves into when we said,"I do". Fourteen months after we got married, we had Dustin, who is now 9. Sixteen months after Dustin was born, we had Emilie, who is now almost 8. Stixteen months after Emilie was born, Jancy was born. She is 6 1/2! We certainly have our hands full, but to top it off, during my pregnancy with Jancy, I had a blood vessel grow through my retina, & bleed. Because I was pregnant, the doctors were unable to operate on me, thus causing low-vision. Low vision alters everything we do here at the Everharts! So, that's why this blog is called 'Life with Low-Vision. It affects every single one of us. But we know, even in this, God has a plan for us! Our hope is in our Savior!

Last week, we celebrated my 33rd birthday! My family made a cheesecake for me. I love cheesecake with cherries on top! My hubby took me out to eat at Cities in Winston-Salem. We shared a delicious steak! I LOVE steak!

We will soon be headed to the beach on vacation. We will be taking Jon-David's little sister, Becca with us. For all of the time that we've had all of these precious children, we've also had younger siblings to help out. Becca is soon to be 15, and I don't know what we'd do without her!


Today was a fun-fille, sun-filled, pool day! My siter-in-law, Carol, along with her two little girls, came to pick us up this morning. We went to Jon-David's grandparents' pool. I love 'pool days'! The kids get to swim, play, eat, and release all that extra energy! I get to sit on the side of the pool, chat, & get some sun! It's a win-win! We don't get to go as much as I'd like. If I could drive, we'd go every day. It's so awesome!
Yes, my life is hectic & hard, but it's my life. It's the life God gave me. I absolutely love the people He put in it, too!

1 comment:

Buffie Cullens said...

Glad to know that you have a blog! I'll be reading it!