Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Joy can't be based on my circumstances.....

if you know me, you know my heart overflows with love and joy! If you know my hubby and kids, you know why! 

Here's our reality..... My trigeminal and occipital neuralgia have progressed to the point that I'm pretty much couch bound. 

I wake up each morning to my hubby bringing me my pain medicine and warming my compress. I lie there in my bed for at least 30 minutes while my meds start to kick in. Then I get up, warm my compress again, grab a up of coffee or Coke (depending on whether the pain has caused too much nausea or not), then I hit the couch. 

Off and on throughout the morning, I get up to warm my compress and get snacks,etc for my sweet preschooler. It usually makes me pretty sick just to get up! 

While I'm sitting here, I like to crochet, text friends, and watch tv. Today I'm having trouble just lifting my head off the pillow. But, I must! My little one needs his momma!

Ar this point we've tried everything the doctors have suggested! I've had Botox in my face. I've had numerous nerve blocks. I've had brain surgery! Right now, I have an occipital stimulator-it's not helping! 

I used to love getting out and going. Now, just going out for groceries is an awful chore! 

I haven't gotten up off the couch in days! 

So....if I continue this blog, it won't make any sense because I'm in too much pain to concentrate....... More later....




No comments: